How to Manage School and a Job

How to Manage School and a Job

Lauren Valukas, Writer

Having a job during the school year can be very stressful for many students, but there are many different ways to manage your time and make a structured schedule. Procrastination can make you feel even more unmotivated. You should never push things off until the last minute because it will also cause more stress. If you are feeling very stressed and your grades are suffering, you can also cut down your availability. School is more important than work because having good grades will get accepted to a college and earn a degree necessary to have your dream career.

Making a structured schedule is extremely important because things will get done and you will feel so much more motivated going forward. Using a planner is can help you start building a schedule and becoming more organized. When you get assigned an assignment write it down, and set yourself a deadline if there wasn’t one already. If you get so stressed that your grades are starting to drop because you work so much, talk to your manager about it. 

Procrastination is something that is very common for students. Most students push assignments off until the night before it is due, you should never do that. Doing it when you first get the assignment is going to leave you with so much more free time. That time that you spend on your phone during work time in school, could be used to finish your assignment. Once you finish all your work for that day or class give yourself a reward. That way you will have something to look forward to after getting everything done. An example of things I have done in the past is hanging out with a friend after, getting coffee, or something as simple as my grade getting better. You just need to do what you think is always going to be best for you and your grades.