• February 1Winter Formal is February 18th

• October 20Seniors Get Your Cap and Gowns!

Same Place, New Face

Riana Henderson and Austin Aviles

Mr. Cottrell is the new Freshman Dean, who is not so new in the field. As the Freshman Dean he works close with the freshman advocate, sub-school principals and the directing principal, Joe Miller to problem solve, provide strategies for student support and help the transition into high school. In addition, he wants to be a major part of the support staff for Freshman.

Before becoming the dean at Park, Cottrell worked as a Dean/Assistant principal at Gilmore Middle School in which he worked with behavioral issues in the school. Cottrell then went on to say, “It’s a little bit different coming from a middle school environment to high school, but working with some of the same things.”

After experiencing a taste of every RUSD high school as the Special Ed Supervisor, he accepted the position at Park in May. With his office being here at Park, Mr. Cottrell was kind of familiar with the school and already was developing a great relationship with the staff.

If Cottrell wasn’t doing what he was now he would be working with athletes, either training or being a sport agent. His first love was sports, but he did see himself working in administration and was guided toward education.

We then asked Mr. Cottrell, “Who is your favorite hero?” He answered with his father who has been a role model for him. He has taught Cottrell, “how to be be a better man, be a better father, and be a better member of the community.”

Same Place, New Face