Ending the NBA 2018 MVP Debate

Jason Gonzales, Reporter

There’s no doubt that this NBA season has been absolutely insane with all the sudden injuries and mind boggling plays, but there’s still a long season to go.  The big question that is circling around the League is who will win MVP this year?

Small forward, LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers is the clear selection. James has been putting on a show all year long. Not only does he lead the league in points per game (averaging 34.3 a game), he’s also third best in assist (passing the basketball to his teammates leading to a score of any kind) too (averaging about 9).

To add on, James also went through almost an entire new roster midway through the season, losing two All-Stars in the mix. The Cavaliers lost Isaiah Thomas, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, Jae Crowder, Channing Frye, Iman Shumpert, and two round draft picks. However, they did gain, Rodney Hood, George Hill, Jordan Clarkson, and Larry Nance Jr. Everyone around the league, including some announcers thought the Cavaliers would plummet. That wasn’t nearly true. They still finished with a record of 50-32, enough to give them the fourth seed in the Easter Conference.

Even in the playoffs, James is thriving, averaging 27 points, 9 assists, 8 rebounds, and playing about 29 minutes. He has carried his team through a tough first round against into the Indiana Pacers, and swept the first seed Toronto Raptors. Also, if James can win this upcoming series against the Boston Celtics he’ll add on to his historic Finals run of nine appearance in a row.

• Ending the NBA 2018 MVP Debate

Sports

New Coach, New Team

• Ending the NBA 2018 MVP Debate

Opinion

Top Haunted Houses 2018

• Events

Fall Pep Rally Photos

• Advice

Freshman Advice

• Ending the NBA 2018 MVP Debate

Opinion

Fortnite: Save The World

• Ending the NBA 2018 MVP Debate

Opinion

Upcoming Black Ops Game

• Ending the NBA 2018 MVP Debate

Events

Spirit Week for Homecoming

• Ending the NBA 2018 MVP Debate

Clubs

The Loudest and Largest Club at Park High School

• Ending the NBA 2018 MVP Debate

Features

Once a Panther, Always a Panther

• Features

Spring Fashion

Ending the NBA 2018 MVP Debate