Choosing a College

Austin Aviles, Co-Editor

For a lot of students, college is a big option in everyone’s life. But for some students it’s hard to choose whether to go to college or not and if you do want to go, what college will you be attending? There is a college that fits everybody but trying to find that college or university can be tough. When looking for a college you should look for academics, distance, cost and maybe even sports if you want to be scouted and offered a sports scholarship. People’s preferences range from wanting to leave state to a big university or stay in state at a smaller college or technical college. For example, I prefer to stay closer to home and attend UW-Parkside. It offers the same majors that I am going to study which is Criminology and Secondary Education. Some universities offer those too but it all comes down to cost and the size of the school you are comfortable with. I think when looking for a college, you should first look at the college that offers your field of study you are looking to go into. Second you eliminate the schools that are out of your comfortable cost of tuition range. If it is out of state or in your home state, that also factors in the cost of your school. If out of state or farther from home, you need to look at housing costs because a lot of schools require you to stay in dorms for your freshman year of college.Third, you should look at the size of the school and maybe even go tour the school. Once you picked your dream college, apply for your college early so you aren’t left behind when the time comes! Even after applying you can retake your A.C.T to try to get a higher score and apply for as many scholarships as you qualify! Even the smallest one will help. But always have a few other schools to fall back on so you aren’t unprepared.

• Choosing a College

Events

What’s for Winter?

• Choosing a College

Events

Holiday Spirit Week 2018

• Choosing a College

Features

What to Munch During Lunch

• Choosing a College

Events

Park Theater: Goldilocks on Trial

• Choosing a College

Features

Panthers Kicking It Into The New Season

• Choosing a College

Features

Once a Panther, Always a Panther

• Features

Spring Fashion

• Choosing a College

Features

Is Graffiti Art?

• Choosing a College

Features

Future Planning

• Choosing a College

Features

March 14th Protest: Unrest in Our Halls

Choosing a College